>

Saturday, September 16, 2017

what doesn't kill you...

Here I am, sitting in the restaurant of the hotel here in Leh Ladakh..
Thankful to be here..

It wasn't such an easy start upon arrival.

It seems as though the program I am in accepted far too many students and they didn't have the rooms for them.
There were quite a few unhappy Yogis and Yoginis.

I was brought to a hotel that I never booked into and the room was like dark prison cell and cold. SO COLD!!
I was bundled up in a down jacket, gloves, wool socks and full clothing and under a wool blanket and my teeth were still chattering.

I went to the people who were in charge letting them know that I was in pain being in that room..literally. I have arthritis and that cold was chilling me to the bone.

After much back and forth with them (and 8 other guests who were equally unhappy)
they moved us to the hotel we were supposed to be in in the first place.
I think I cried my body weight in tears and after just arriving and being at such a high altitude it was not a good situation. 

I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I was going to have to go to the hospital.
My head was throbbing so bad and I felt so nauseous and dizzy and my mouth was so dry and I had been drinking water All Day Long.

So I started deep breathing and took an Ibuprofen and drank even more water and somehow, after much prayer as well...I pulled through it.

I woke up this morning and felt so much better and when I pulled back the curtains the sun was beaming into my room and it was so bright and warm.

A new day. A better day.

I'm going to go forth with a positive mind set and get through my program.
It's not going to be a cakewalk thats for sure. 
There are going to be so many challenges ahead of me on this journey I am embarking on.

But you know that old saying..
What doesn't kill you Makes you Stronger.

I'm still standing.
Sat Nam

1 comment:

APPI said...

Very empowering! India does seem to find new ways to shock you from time to time. Glad things worked out and you've readied your mind for the challenge ahead. Good luck!